In-Person and Online Right to Work Checks
With this in mind, our Rider Operations team will continue to actively conduct Right to Work checks, both in-person and online.
Should you encounter any of these in-person checks when you are delivering an order, please make sure to follow the steps below:
- The person conducting the check will identify himself / herself as Deliveroo staff before the check.
- You or your substitutes will be asked to provide a HKID to confirm your Right to Work.
- Deliveroo staff may request a photo of you and Right to Work documents for further investigation.
You might also see the following in-app message prompting you to submit the Right to Work documents when you are delivering an order. Please make sure to follow the steps below should you encounter any of these checks:
- Click the purple button to access the form
- Complete the form within 10 minutes of receiving the message (For detailed steps, please refer to the email)
Please make sure that you or your substitutes always carry your HKID when you are working with Deliveroo. When filling out the form and submitting the photo of yourself in front of the restaurant or with the order, you should ensure your face and the restaurant name or order number are visible in the photo so we can identify you. Failing to do Right To Work checks may result in your account being temporarily disabled while we verify your identity. Should you not comply, your contract with Deliveroo may be terminated.