In-person and Online Right to Work Checks
With this in mind, our Rider Operations team will continue actively to conduct Right to Work checks, both in-person and online.
Should you encounter any of these in-person checks when you are delivering an order, please make sure to follow the steps below:
- The person conducting the check will identify himself / herself as Deliveroo staff before the check.
- You or your substitutes will be asked to provide a HKID to confirm your Right to Work.
- Deliveroo staff may request a photo of you and Right to Work documents for further investigation.
You might also see the following in-app message prompting you to submit the Right to Work documents when you are delivering an order. Please make sure to follow the steps below should you encounter any of these checks:
- Click the purple button to access the form
- Complete the form within 10 minutes of receiving the message, this includes submitting the following information:
- Rider ID
- Soft copy of your HKID
- Photo of yourself in front of the restaurant
Please make sure that you or your substitutes always carry your HKID when you are working with Deliveroo. When filling out the form and submitting the photo of yourself in front of the restaurant, you should ensure your face and the restaurant name are visible in the photo so we can identify you. Failing to do this may result in us being unable to confirm you or your substitute’s Right to Work, and this could lead to your account being temporarily disabled while we verify your identity or if you continue not to comply, your contract with Deliveroo may be ended.