What to do when you can’t reach a customer?
We know you always want to make sure customers receive their food safely, but sometimes it can be difficult to reach or find a customer. For example, their delivery notes may be unclear or they might not be answering their door.
We’ve built a step-by-step process for times like this into the rider app. These steps help you to contact the customer in every way possible and allow them a reasonable amount of time to respond.
- If the customer doesn’t answer the door at delivery, you should use the Chat and Call features in the rider app to try and contact them
- If they don’t respond, you should send them a notification in the rider app to let them know you’re leaving soon.
- If the customer still doesn’t respond, you should leave the order in a safe place, like outside their door, or with the building concierge or a neighbour. Remember to remove any age restricted products like alcohol from the order – you should never deliver these items without checking the customer’s ID at the door.
- Tap Leave Order in the rider app, and choose from the list to explain where you’re leaving the order.
- Use your mobile phone to take a photo of where you’re leaving the customer’s order. You’ll need to allow the rider app to access your phone camera. It’s important that you don’t include any people’s faces or any other identity information, for privacy reasons.
- If the photo isn't clear you can take it again or tap Finish to complete the delivery.
Payments will only be made for orders that are successfully delivered to the customer and incomplete deliveries will be reviewed by our team, so using these tools properly helps demonstrate that you properly delivered the order.
If you can’t find a safe place to leave the order, please contact the Live Support who will be able to advise you what to do next.